Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Imagine there's no Heaven - Emmanuel Kelly

You have to hear this man sing ~~ Emmanuel Kelly!

From Song Facts - the meaning behind the song "

from Song Facts website - what did John Lennon lyrics mean....   "Lennon was asking us to imagine a place where things that divide people (religion, possessions, etc.) did not exist. He felt that would be a much better place."



http://www.givingpraise.com/inspirational/warorphansingsimagine/

John Lennon - Imagine

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today


Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace


You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one


Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world


You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one


$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$


Emmanuel Kelly is an Iraqi-Born refugee born with everything stacked against him, yet with his amazing voice I'm sure he'll go far in this years x-factor 2011, if you're still confused, this article published on the 30th of August sums it up brilliantly.


A Melbourne teenager who survived chemical warfare in Iraq left X Factor judges in tears during last night's performance.


Emmanuel Kelly, who w...as adopted by Children First Foundation boss Moira Kelly after she rescued him from an orphanage in Iraq, wowed Ronan Keating, Mel B, Natalie Bassingthwaighte and Guy Sebastian with his rendition of John Lennon's Imagine.

All of the judges voted to send Kelly through to the next round but Keating said he was extremely moved with his performance.

"I don't think I have ever, ever been moved as much as I was by that performance," he said.

Kelly, who auditioned for last year's show but failed to make it through, said he was thrilled with the reaction of the judges.

"When I got up and started singing there was nothing else, adrenalin just took over, it was just a blur," he told News Ltd. "I just want to sing and I want to make people happy."


The return of The X Factor to Seven pulled in 1.319 million viewers, making it the most-watched show on Monday night.

####################

I must add this - Matthew 1:23
Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a
son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being
interpreted is, God with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment